OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2007

Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:26:15 -0400
  So here is a link to one of my face-book albums. Sorry to post it this way but its easier for me. I received this photo from Doug Overacker who got it from Larry Jeanblanc. Larry took the photo and I post it here with his permission. They should be the first two photo's on my album (original and a crop I made).

http://mvnu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2009065&l=c2c3b&id=164901416

    I'd like to get some feed back on what people think it is. Or if you saw the Goshawk maybe you could let me know if this looks like what you saw.  Feel free to just email what you think to me, or if its appropriate you can post thoughts on the list-server here. We shouldn't get too long winded about it on here, so maybe just reply to me and I can sum up what people are saying. I'll also post a link on the Ohio Birding Forum so you can comment on there with no problem. I won't say what I think it is on here (and bias your minds) but the question of course is whether this bird is an immature Northern Goshawk or if it is an immature Red-shouldered Hawk. Of course, I know photo's post a problem for fully accurate identification, plus a bunch of other problems, but it is a clue, and I think its fun!

      Happy Birding,

             - Ben