OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2007

From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 06:06:35 -0400
On Oct 3, 2007, at 12:27 AM, Kenn Kaufman wrote:

> remember that it's a good idea to try to
> record their callnotes if possible

Years ago I bought a small recorder (had a tiny flat memory card)
to use.  It was supposed to be voice activated but basically I could
never
figure out how to make that work, and had lots of problems with the
menus, files
trying to retrieve them etc.  The only time it ever helped me was
recording some
very loud strange pre-dawn sounds I started hearing one spring behind
the house.
Thought  they sounded like a prehistoric bird:)  but they turned out
to be a fox.
Fox and fox kits sound NOTHING like I would have thought.

I have no idea where it is now so I have a good excuse to get a new one.
Any recommendations out there?  Nothing too esoteric or expensive.

Mary, Fairborn