OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2007

Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2007 04:57:19 -0700
I'm new to the list, and tried to send this Friday but don't see it, and still thought if anyone up North was heading out this might be of interest:
I saw large numbers of ruby-crowned and also golden-crowned kinglets at the
Mentor Lagoon trail this morning around 9 am. They were in the shrubs along the
main trail, and after I stopped and crouched I had both species (as well as
chickadees and titmouse) popping on to branches quite close to me. I estimated
some 30 birds that I watched for 15 minutes or so, then I walked about 10
minutes and found a larger group (maybe 50?). Also saw one winter wren, a
pileated, and a lot of robins!
Scott