OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2007

From:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 23:04:35 -0400
Hi all,

This coming Saturday at 9 am there will be a program on waterfowl at Dawes
Arboretum, near Newark. I'm going to give a presentation on Ohio's
waterfowl, then with the help of Dawes' staff we'll head to the field to
look for birds. I want to mention this here because the field trip site is
to a large area of newly restored wetlands on the arboretum property that is
not well known. These wetlands have already attracted many interesting
birds, and the quality of bird habitat will only get better with time. We
may be able to come up with some good finds, and no matter what, it's always
good to get out of doors on a beautiful fall day.

For details and to register, call Dawes at 800-443-2937. Their website is
at: http://www.dawesarb.org/

Jim

Jim McCormac

Columbus, Ohio