OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2007

From:
"Sean T. Zadar" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean T. Zadar
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2007 16:13:40 GMT
I know that there are constantly new subscribers to the Ohio-birds listserv, and so clarification on Dike 14 access is needed.  It should have been noted from the authors of previous postings from Dike 14, that the site is not yet open to the general public.  There is a lenghty barbed-wire fence and no trepassing signs (faded, but present) surrounding this former confined dredge spoil facility.

If you would like permission to legally enter Dike 14, I would suggest contacting the City of Cleveland and/or the Port of Cleveland.  A flood of calls from birders may help in the conservation effort, and perhaps expedite the opening of the site to the general public.

Sean Zadar