OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2007

From:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2007 23:20:38 -0400
Some friends and I birded at Buck Creek State Park this morning. The
eight Franklin's Gulls remained on the beach with a few hundred
Ring-billed Gulls and some Herring Gulls. We did not see the Red
Phalarope. There were two Least Sandpipers also.

Then we checked out the mudflats at the north end of the lake off Grant
Road. We saw lots of Killdeer, 11 Wilson's Snipe, 1 Dunlin, 2 Lesser
Yellowlegs, and had a single Solitary Sandpiper fly over. The mudflats
should be good for the next few weeks. A scope is necessary to look over
the shorebirds here.

Doug Overacker
Springfield, Ohio