OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2007

From:
Robert Hinkle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Hinkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:47:25 -0800
The complete list of ODNR licensed wildlife rehabilitators, listed by
county,  can be found at this address:

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/tabid/6013/default.aspx

Wildlife rehab classes are occasionally taught at various community
colleges, and the Category I basic classes (orphaned rabbits and squirrels
only) are taught at the Ohio Wildlife Rehabilitator Association's state
conference every November in Columbus. Category II rehab certification
(which would include birds)  involves considerable more study and a period
of volunteering at a wildlife center.

Rehabbing is not for the faint of heart or light of pocketbook, as there are
no subsidies from anywhere to support individual efforts.

Best wishes... Bob

Bob Hinkle, Chief Naturalist
Cleveland Metroparks
Solon, Ohio