OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2007

From:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:21:44 -0500
The OHOS CBC is Saturday Dec. 29.  This will be the third year I have
compiled for this CBC and it has been fun and exciting for me and for the
new and seasoned birders.  The count circle includes areas west of Powell,
the Columbus Zoo, Emily Traphagen Preserve, Blues Creek Preserve both in
Delaware Parks and Preservations, the Ohio Wildlife Center, Glacier Ridge
Metro Park, areas along the Scioto River south of St Rt 36 to just south of
the O'Shaughnessy Dam, just east of Marysville and Plain City and all points
in between along the 15 mile diameter count circle.  The habitats are varied
and while urban life is changing and growing it is an area rich with good
bird finds and records to recapture.

If you are interested to spend the day helping please respond to me
privately and I will be appreciative to have your help.  Remember it is
$5.00 paid to National Audubon to participate.  That will be collected at
7:30am when we meet at the Wendy's on Glick Rd and Dublin Rd.  I am planning
to have packets ready and counters assigned to areas so please respond to me
prior to Dec. 29.  We will meet as a group for dinner in Shawnee Hills (TBD)
to share stories and turn in your count sheets.

Thanks in advance.

Darlene Sillick

Powell, Ohio

OHOS CBC compiler