OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2007

From:
Bob Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:42:30 -0500
Don't expect any names to change in this country anytime soon.  The latest
issue of the Auk contains a one-page announcement by the AOU nomenclature
committee unanimously denying a petition to change its practice with respect
to hyphenations to align with the recommendations of the IOU committee.  I
posted a discussion of this on the OOS Forum last week which interested
readers may wish to consider.  The bottom line is that the AOU is afflicted
by a sever case of NIH (Not Invented Here) and is unlikely to change
anything until it is their idea.

Cheers,

Bob

--