OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2007

From:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2007 19:36:57 -0500
Hi Every Birdie
Don't you just LOVE this time of year??
Circling the lake today, and this is what I found:
Canada geese avoiding the "hot spots" with hunters!! Some came from corn
fields, some found on the beaches, in the grassy area of Otterbein St Marys.
Don't tell me they don't know when hunting season is!!
1 lonely Scaup

At the Fish Hatchery:
Ruddy duck
Herring Gull
RB gulls - 100+
Great blue heron 1
Mallards 10-20

Southmoor Shores
Mallards - 30
RB Gulls 10

Harmons - no birdies!!

From OH219W:
There was a GBH on a nest in the rookery!!
No BE at the Prairie Creek Nest

Windy Point: Two Immature BEs chasing one-another!

Mercer Wildlife Area:
Bald eagle at the nest - watching the duck hunters in their blinds along the
"firing line"
RTH 3
CAGO - 10
Mallards 50
N Shoveler 2

US127 Pull-off is almost DRY!! What will we do without water????

West Bank Park: Saw the BE still observing the duck hunters! Probably
waiting for the one they can't retrieve
The Sweet Grum Trees are spectacular now!! Look at the leaves!

West Bank Drive:
Coot 30

Lake Shore Drive:
Pullman Bay channel has 150 CAGO!! Hiding!!! Smarties.

Eastview Pond:
Mute Swans - 2

Koenig Road:
A Kestrel perched on the wire.

Then, back home!!

What a glorious day! Enjoy these days, they may be numbered!!

Hope everyone had a GREAT Sunday.

Jill Bowers
Auglaize County