OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2007

From:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 00:51:03 -0500
Hi Bruce and all,
Well, they are devilishly difficult little birds to find in the wild, but I
wouldn't give up the ghost just yet. In a bit of irony, I happened to be
only a relative handful of miles to the east of your Highland County site
last evening, spending time with the people running the banding station near
Chillicothe in Ross County. We caught three Northern Saw-whet Owls, bringing
their total since October 10 to 93 different birds!
I just posted an update on my blog at http://jimmccormac.blogspot.com/
Be prepared to view outrageously "cute" photos, although if one were a Deer
Mouse they would never look at these owls in the way that we do.
Also, we are going to try and get interested parties over to see this
banding station and hopefully some saw-whets on the evening of the upcoming
Conservation Conference on December 1. Deer Creek Lodge, the conference
venue, is less than one-half hour away. We'd welcome your attendance. Go to
the following website for conference details and registration:
http://www.ohiobirds.org/calendar/society_events/current/Conservation/about.
php
Jim
Jim McCormac