OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2007

From:
gary moon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
gary moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:03:00 -0500
Hello,

    I was over in Grove City yesterday driving on Gantz Rd south of
Southwest Blvd. and caught a glimpse of a huge number of  common species
such as Mallards,Mute Swans,Canadian Geese, and at least one American Black
Duck. The Black Duck was my first career sighting of that species so it was
somewhat memorable for me.          The Mute Swan couple that has been
living along Galloway Rd. south of US Rt 40 since at least August, is still
present at the man-made pond w/ fountain along with a few ever-present,
Canadian Geese.    Today,roughly south and west of Dublin and Hilliard, I
spotted a couple of Red-tailed hawks sitting in the leafless trees a few
miles apart .   This year has been a huge year for birds of prey,especially
the numbers of Red-tailed hawks I have spotted in the northwest part of
Columbus and all the way out towards Marysville and Bellefontaine as well.