OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2007

From:
Al La Sala <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Al La Sala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:28:16 -0500
I saw a Cedar waxwing at Highbanks Metropark in Southern Delaware County
today.  I noticed that the bird hadn't yet been recorded on the board in
the nature center (was it missed in the Christmas bird count?). In case
anybody has been looking for this bird at Highbanks, look for it in the
meadow at the end of the Coyote Run Trail or in the fence row between that
meadow and the dripping rock trail.
There were also about 30 Eastern Bluebirds and 20 Robins (males and
females of both species) flying around the area.  I also thought I heard a
mockingbird.  Let me know if you see it.

Al La Sala
Columbus, OH