OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2007

Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2007 22:07:36 EST
This evening we observed a total of 4 Merlin. The Secs. 85,91,113 and  1 near
the restrooms (forget the Section number). The Sec. 85 bird went to roost  at
5:20 PM and the bird near the restroom at 5:27 PM.
As Leslie had previously posted there was a bit of aerial display  going on
tonight. I have seen the Merlin doing this many times this year, unlike  the
past winters where they would stay put at their pre-roost trees until  they
would go to roost.
It seems that the Merlin at the RR bridge stays there for awhile before
heading over to Section 113. This has been the scenario for my last 3 visits
where I was there around 4:00 PM.
Red-tailed Hawk 2
Sharp-shinned Hawk
100+ Canada Geese
Many Ring-billed Gulls on the sandpit ponds

Lou Gardella
Lori Brumbaugh