OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2007

From:
Ashli Maruster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ashli Maruster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2007 20:18:04 -0700
Larry Gorbet and I were delighted to find nine Common Redpolls feeding on the ground outside my parents house this morning/afternoon.  The birds were in a mixed flock that also included Slate-colored Juncos, House Finches and House Sparrows.
The pair of Red-breasted Nuthatches that have been frequenting the suet feeders was also observed.
This brings the yard list to 16 species since our arrival on Tuesday.

Canada Goose
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
Downy Woodpecker