OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2007

Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 17:42:26 -0500
In search a Merlin that I have seen several times since the first Columbus bird count (the one that was cancelled but the team counted anyway), Joan Fredrick and I went out to the OSU Wetlands at about 4:30.  The bird was not on it's usual perch on the north side of the Olentangy River so we decided to take a stroll through the cemetery.  AT 4:40 the Merlin flew in over the cemetery to a perch on the north side of the river but this time west of the bridge.  It stayed for about 10 minutes and then flew into the cemetery.  We assumed it's perch somewhere in the cemetery.  Joan and I think it is a female because of the color.