OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2007

From:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2007 09:32:29 -0800
Hey all -

Spent some time in two areas of the CVNP this morning.
 At Jaite, the highlight was a flyby pintail.  The
marsh was loaded with Song, Swamp, and American Tree
Sparrows, but no shrike was seen north or south along
the tracks.

At Oak Hill, 200 or so waxwings were feeding on the
fruiting trees along the entrance road, with more
coming and going.  This area would definitely be worth
checking for a rarity in the coming weeks.  Also
present were 10 Purple Finches.  This is the only
reliable winter site I know for them in Northeast
Ohio.

Good birding -
Gabe
Cleveland