OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2007

From:
Rita Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:33:12 -0500
An adult Northern Shrike was at Sandy Ridge (Lorain county, DeLorme 40,
A/B-2) this morning -- I saw it sparring with a Blue Jay for the top of a
tree (the shrike won) along the east side of the trail, between the wetland
entrance and the observation mound.
Later it crossed my path and perched in several trees over the water as it
was working along the north side of the trail -- there are a number of Song
and Tree sparrows in the vegetation in those areas.

Cheers,
Rita Schneider