OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2008

From:
Jessica Lowery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jessica Lowery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:09:33 -0500
the owl was in a ravine behind a friend's house. barred owls come there every summer - in westerville. some people have commented that it may be a cooper's hawk...or a female harrier. my only problem with the cooper's hawk i.d. is that is was brown - and juvenile cooper's hawks have heavy vertical brown streaks on their breast, but this hawk was very light underneath with faint horizontal bars... that's what makes me unsure.
-jessica-
northeast columbus

From: [log in to unmask]: [log in to unmask]: RE: hawk pics for my oos friendsDate: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:48:25 -0500

Jessica,
Thanks for the pictures.  I was surprised to see the pictures of the baby owl.  Did you take all these pictures at Blendon Woods?  It’s hard to tell from the picture but I’m thinking the hawk may be Cooper’s Hawk.  Has any one else commented yet?
Al La Sala

From: Jessica Lowery [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:19 PMTo: alasalaSubject: hawk pics for my oos friends

facebook

Jessica Lowery
7:18pm Jan 15th

hawk pics for my oos friends

To [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], and [log in to unmask]

I have added new photos!Jessica has shared an album with you. To view the album or to reply to the message, follow this link:http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=546782320&k=3YATXWV2WYTF6FFFSJ6UU

Are your friends bothering you? You can opt out of emails from friends on Facebook.