OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2008

From:
Marjorie Gemmell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marjorie Gemmell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:00:13 -0500
10 am  Saturday  Greenlawn

Observed the merlin in the area just past the masoleum, not in a tree, but sitting atop a near-by telephone pole.  Two yellow-bellied sapsuckers were actively feeding and calling back and forth in the same area.

At the pit, while watching the suet for the pine warbler, spent some fun-time watching 5 red-breasted nuthatches and 8-10 downeys feuding and feeding.  Warbler never visited the suet in the 40 minutes we waited, but Curt Dusthimer found the pine warbler picking around along the edge of the pond, just to the left of the feeding area, at the curve of the pond.  So, if you go looking for the warbler, check out the shoreline of the pond.

Good Birding,

Marjie  Gemmell