OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2008

From:
Bruce Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:19:34 -0500
The highlight of the day was seeing a saw-whet owl in the traditional pine grove at Killdeer!  At first glance was this small blob that was much farther from the trunk than we normally see them. It was also much higher than what was to be expected by Saw-whets.

Photographic proof:

http://redtail.smugmug.com/photos/245543652-L.jpg

http://redtail.smugmug.com/photos/245543892-L.jpg

http://redtail.smugmug.com/photos/245542112-L.jpg