OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2008

From:
Aaron Boone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aaron Boone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:59:24 -0500
Hello Everyone,

We have recently compiled all current data from the Ohio Breeding Bird Atlas
II into an official species list that is now available as a PDF on our
website.

http://www.ohiobirds.org/obba2/SpeciesList.php

The purpose of this checklist is to keep a running tally of ALL species of
birds that have been confirmed as nesting during the Ohio Breeding Bird
Atlas II (2006-2010) as well as species that have been reported but without
definitive nesting evidence. Several species on this list may never be
documented as nesting during the Atlas period. However, their inclusion is
important in order to demonstrate that many unlikely nesting species are
still possible and in some cases have had an historical breeding presence.
To access current results for species listed in this PDF document, simply
scroll over the species name and click. Each species is hyperlinked to data
available at Cornell Lab of Ornithology's results website.

Please note that this checklist is a representation of all observations
submitted to the Ohio Breeding Bird Atlas II and certain records gleaned
from a variety of ornithological resources on Ohio's birds. This list will
undergo regular revisions and is not necessarily a direct reflection
ultimately of what will be published in the Atlas publication.

This list also highlights many species with few records for the Ohio
Breeding Bird Atlas II and indicates whether or not they are confirmed as
nesting. Please review this list carefully and contact us with any
information about new species to add to our database or about observations
of species new to a given area. Feel free to enter these observations
through our data entry website or contact us if you need help determining
the applicable Atlas block location.

Good birding!

Aaron Boone

Project Coordinator