OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2008

From:
"Laura C. Gooch" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:50:15 -0500
Julie West, Gary Neuman and I spent Sunday morning surveying this block
as part of the Kirtland Birding Club effort to help Black Swamp Bird
Observatory complete the Winter Breeding Bird Atlas. We found more birds
and more interesting variety in this block than we did in 51C7 (see
Buntings, and, most interesting a handful of Savannah Sparrows and Rusty
Blackbirds. We did not note the exact location of the sparrows, but I
believe they were along Good Road (west of 94 between Church Road and
Township 119 (Burkhart Road)). Again, lots of raptors, including a
Rough-Legged Hawk. My complete count follows.

Laura Gooch
Cleveland Heights