OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2008

Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 19:00:48 EST
This morning the program at Highbanks Metro Park was An Early January Bird
Walk. A small but enthusiastic group of individuals came in spite of the  less
than delightful weather (drizzle to rain). Our course took us over hill and
dale and through the woods. Several highlights were a pair of Great Horned
Owls,  Pileated Woodpecker and Hermit Thrush. Friday as the park participated in
the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology Project Feeder Watch Red-breasted
Nuthatch  and Pine Siskin were seen at the feeders outside the nature center. With
the  incomparable Doc Jordan narrating during the walk there was never a dull
nor  uninformative moment.

Birds observed today included:
Red-tailed Hawk
Rock Pigeon