OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2008

From:
John Habig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Habig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2008 12:50:44 -0500
Went out to the gravel pits today to look at the winter geese in better
light. Shane Eggleston, Dave Collopy, and Rick Asamoto showed up soon
after I got there. The Snow Goose and Greater White-fronted Geese were
still present. The Ross's Goose was sleeping when I first arrived and
would preen every ten minutes or so. It did wake up and start swimming
with the Canada Geese. Rick mentioned that the bill was slightly turned
in between the eyes (rather than straight up) and felt that it had a
grin patch. After it flew Dave and I had to leave. Shane and Rick
relocated the bird over at the Great Miami River. Rick got some pictures
at the quarry and is getting some at the river. I hope they turn out.
One of us will write a report for OBRC.

Other birds included:

Canada Goose
Snow Goose