OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2008

From:
Phil Ware <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Ware <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:27:30 -0800
Howdy,

I seem to just have my timing wrong -- when I was at
Harveysburg, there was no loon.  Ah, well.  The
sunrise was beautiful, this morning, and he Lesser
Scaup was VERY accommodating for photos once the sun
was high enough.   I believe I passed another birder
on the way out as he was coming in.  At any rate,
here's what I found.  It was pretty active this
morning.

Location:     Caesar Creek Res.--Harveysburg Rd
Lesser Scaup (1)
Ring-billed Gull (7)
Belted Kingfisher (1)
Downy Woodpecker (1)
Blue Jay (7)
American Crow (11)
Carolina Chickadee (1)
American Robin (2)
Northern Cardinal (5)

Location:     Caesar Creek SP--Beach Area
Canada Goose (108)
Mallard (4)
Redhead (4)
Lesser Scaup (1)
Common Goldeneye (2)
Hooded Merganser (14)
Great Blue Heron (2)
Cooper's Hawk (1)
Red-shouldered Hawk (2)
American Coot (10)
Killdeer (2)
Ring-billed Gull (46)
Herring Gull (11)
Mourning Dove (2)
Belted Kingfisher (1)
Downy Woodpecker (2)
Blue Jay (16)
American Crow (25)
Horned Lark (3)
Carolina Chickadee (2)
Black-capped Chickadee (3)
American Robin (3)
Song Sparrow (1)
White-throated Sparrow (7)
Northern Cardinal (14)

Location:     Spring Valley Wildlife Area
Canada Goose (14)
Mute Swan (2)
Mourning Dove (1)
Belted Kingfisher (1)