OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2008

From:
Bob Hinkle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:25:47 -0500
Joe, amazingly enough, Geauga MetroParks uses Metamucil cans with holes
drilled in the side on their properties on the Upper Cuyahoga River, and
they have great nesting success. Mounted on poles, the cans are out over
water, so predators are not much of a problem, and the Prothonotary think
it's home. Call there and ask for Dan Best... he's the originator of the
project. (I don't know who drank all the Metamucil !)

Cheers... Bob

Bob Hinkle
Chief Naturalist
Cleveland Metroparks