OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2008

From:
Paula Lozano <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paula Lozano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:55:12 -0500
This weekend, David Patick and I traveled from West Virginia to Cleveland to find Glaucous and Iceland Gulls. On Saturday, we didn’t have any luck at E. 72nd Street or Eastlake. Finally, around 5 pm, we were able to find one adult and one immature Glaucous Gull  and one 3rd cycle Iceland Gull on the ice near the Cleveland Browns stadium and the William Mather (ship). We were not able to relocate the birds on Sunday morning, so after checking E. 72nd Street again we headed back toward West Virginia. On the way home, we stopped at 2230 Township Road 415 in Holmes County to see the Hoary Redpoll. Scopes were already set up on the Hoary when we arrived, and we were able to view about a dozen Common Redpolls as well. That was three life birds for Dave and a new Ohio bird (Hoary Redpoll) for me.

Gary Rankin,
Lavalette, WV

Gary O. Rankin, Ph.D.
Professor & Chair
Depart.of Pharmacology, Physiology & Toxicology - BBSC
Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine
Marshall University
One John Marshall Drive