OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2008

From:
Verna Ansel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Verna Ansel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 08:34:24 -0500
This is my first attempt at sending a message, even though I've been reading
them for quite some time. I thought it interesting the amount of ducks I saw
yesterday at Darby Bend Lakes, part of Prairie Oaks Metro Parks, off Amity
Rd. in the far west corner of Franklin County. Here is what I saw:

1 Canvasback Duck
6 Redhead Ducks
3 Pied-bill Grebe
12 American Coots
9 Ruddy Ducks
5 Ring-necked Ducks
7 American Black Ducks
Canada Geese - too many to count (approx. 75-100)
Mallards - hard to count as they were flying in and out so fast but probably
50-75

Last week I also saw an immature Bald Eagle flying over this area. He spent
about 15 min. cruising on the air and looking for something to eat. Finally
he went out of sight.

Hope this message goes through ok.

Having a "ducky" time birdwatching.

Verna Ansel