OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2008

From:
Patricia Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patricia Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:41:28 -0500
GREAT BACKYARD BIRD COUNT BEGINS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15

Join bird watchers across the continent in counting birds from wherever you
are, beginning this Friday, February 15, through Monday,February 18, 2008.
You can spend as little as 15 minutes or as long as you like on one or more
of the count days. Enter your tallies at http://www.birdcount.org so the
birds you see become part of a historic record for this winter. Everyone
who submits a checklist is automatically entered in a drawing for birdy
prizes. Check out the photo contest too! We're also inviting people to
shoot videos of birds or bird watchers and then upload them to YouTube
tagged "Great Backyard Bird Count." Then everyone can see them and we'll
post some of the best ones on the GBBC web site. Join us and "Count for
Fun, Count for the Future!"

Best wishes,
Pat Leonard
Cornell Lab of Ornithology