CLEANACCESS Archives

March 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Eric Kenny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:12:54 -0400
Hi everybody,

We just rolled out our NAC to all residence halls over spring break.
It seems Microsoft released SP1 for Vista around the same time.
Anyway, long story short, using the Cisco rules for critical Windows
patches, users who upgraded directly to SP1 without installing the
previous patches are failing on the following updates:

KB941644_MS08-001
KB932168_MS07-020
KB930178_MS07-021
KB935840_MS07-031
KB929123_1_MS07-034
HotFix908519
KB939840
KB939839
KB928843
KB920219

We know that SP1 encompasses these issues, so anyone with SP1 should
be allowed on, but is not.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  If so,
what did you do to get your users online?

Eric J. Kenny
Network Analyst
Marist College
3399 North Rd.