OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2008

From:
Jeremiah Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremiah Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:44:26 -0400
Snowy birds from the weekend winter storm.
Since I went home to my folk's house in Cuyahoga Co. to change my oil in
my car.  While I was out shoveling snow on Saturday morning and late
afternoon, my father and I observed numerous birds around the house.

Northern Cardinal (2) male and Female
American Robin (several)
Dark-eyed Junco (10) feeding on suet
Downy woodpecker (1) Sunday, the sun day.  Was oberved feeding around a
hole in a oak tree, were a branch broke off during the storm.
It was interesting watching the Dark-eyed Junco feeding from the suet
feeders.  Would land on the feeder, knock off some suet to fall on the
snow then fly down a pick up the suet.

Portage and Summit Co.
Red tail Hawk on the wing
flock of sparrows (song and house)