OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2008

Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 01:45:31 -0400
Mine eye caught a different shape of sparrow out by the base of my feeders today, so I quickly drew my glass and confirmed that there was indeed a Fox Sparrow at my feeder, new yard bird! But then, from behind the bush there emerged yet another! Two Foxes at my feeder, I was quite happy, one of my favorite sparrows, such beautiful birds (and when singing, they have a beautiful song to match). I hope they are here again tomorrow.  Other birds at my busy feeder were White-crowned Sparrows, Am. Tree Sparrows, White-throated Sparrow, Song Sparrows, Juncos, etc.

I forgot to report that I had seen the local Barred Owl on friday afternoon as I left for work in the snow storm. It was an unusual setting for a Barred Owl sighting, still well in the daytime and by the roadside on a power-line no less. I've actually seen it there once before. It is fun, owl sightings always are, and this guy just made me laugh.

Happy Birding,

      Ben Warner

      Sunbury, Delaware Co. OH.