OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2008

From:
Hans Clebsch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hans Clebsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:20:26 -0400
I was at E. 72nd. Street in Cleveland today, March 13th, 2008 from
1-2:30 p.m. There is an open area of water from the hot water outlet
of the energy plant. Many (+-150) Ducks were close for easy viewing.
Gulls numbers are way down. Ring-billed being predominant. Only one
1st cycle GBBG was seen. There were maybe 20 or so Bonaparte's. It
was interesting to see three Peregrine Falcon in close proximity at
Burke Lakefront Airport. The other viewing areas between E. 72nd St
and Burke are closed in with ice.

Canada Goose
Canvasback
Redhead
Greater Scaup
Lesser Scaup
Bufflehead
Common Goldeneye
Common Merganser
Red-breasted Merganser
Great Blue Heron
Bonaparte's Gull
Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
American Crow

At the Burke Lakefront Airport there were:
Peregrine Falcon (3)

Best Birding

Hans Clebsch