OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2008

From:
Terri Martincic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Martincic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2008 07:47:04 -0600
Hello all,

Today, Saturday, March 15th is the Ohio Breeding Bird Atlas safe date for:
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Northern Cardinal
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse

Already in safe dates:
Rock Pigeon
Barred Owl
Great Horned Owl
House Sparrow

After the safe date, hearing or observing a bird in suitable breeding habitat
counts as an "OS" observation.  If you relocate a singing male in the same
location 7  days later they become a T7 code, or probable breeder.

To learn about "Birding techniques for Atlasers" attend ornithologist, Dr.
Andy Jones', talk at Data Get Together on March 19 at 6:30 pm.  This program
is free and open to the public.  We meet in the Cleveland Museum of Natural
History library.  Arrive early and bring your summer bird checklists,
volunteers will help you enter the data from 5-6:30 pm.

The snow is melting and spring is coming!

Peace,
Terri Martincic

Cleveland Museum of Natural History
www.cmnh.org

Ohio Breeding Bird Atlas II, Region 30/40
www.ohiobirds.org/obba2/