OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2008

Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2008 17:28:25 -0400
Despite an amazingly foggy morning, an exceptionally bold Turkey Vulture
made its low-level appearance at 11:05 a.m. today, Buzzard Day, at the
traditional roost at the corner of State Road and West Drive in the
Hinckley Reservation of Cleveland Metroparks. Watch the CBS Sunday
Morning program tomorrow, Sunday March 16, for a recap of all things
buzzard in the greater Hinckley zone.

No Creagles were sighted, as they made their traditional exit from Ohio
sometime during the foggy night of March 14. Many thanks to birder Sam
Walker for first bringing this very local species to our attention. One
can only hope that David Sibley takes notice in his next revised edition.

Best wishes for a spring filled with warbler song and a rare sighting or
two....

Bob Hinkle, Cleveland Metroparks
"Official Buzzard Spotter"  (someone has to be....)
Hinckley Ohio