OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2008

Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:18:34 -0700
Big day Tuesday in my semi-rural-suburban yard... three bluebirds arrived back in the yard looking for their familiar nest boxes. I was "caught with my nest boxes down" since I have acquired brand spankin' new bluebird-society-approved nest boxes and hadn't put them up yet! I scurried out to do so... just in time for YET another snowstorm!  Tuesday evening the Amer. woodcocks also returned, and several were displaying in the unmowed brushy acreage where all the large back yards converge. What a day!  The snow did interrupt the spring progress but, never fear, this morning one bluebird was back in the yard singing away. Cross your fingers for warmer temps.

Karen Gray, Copley OH, Summit Co.