OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2008

From:
Brian Menker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Menker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:36:45 -0400
My first Tree Swallow for the year was seen today at CJ Brown Reservoir
in Clark County. It was flying over the prairie along Overlook Drive
below the dam.  A scout male no doubt, as they use most of the bluebird
houses in that prairie every year.
I have not actively looked for waterfowl in a few days, but just in my
very limited, non-bird related travels today I saw a big raft of Lesser
Scaup with a few Buffleheads and coots in the Spillway channel, plus
several Common Loons and Horned Grebes near the Dam. (I even heard a
loon's wail early this morning.)

Brian Menker
Dayton/Springfield

Checked by AVG.