OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2008

From:
Hank Lapp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2008 20:23:22 EDT
We have had a nest of Cooper Hawks nearby for the past 4 years or so- This
year we have noticed as many as 20 crows hanging around on the tree next to the
nest. We haven't seen any direct interaction between the hawk and crows but
wonder are they trying to drive the hawks away or waiting eat the young?  also I
might mention there is a large roost of turkey vultures about 100 yeards away
and they have been coming for the past 5 or more years

Ruth Lapp
Yellow Springs

Home.