OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2008

From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2008 12:31:24 -0500
Same here.  I was looking at one sparrow assuming it was a first year
white throated sparrow (dark head, dull small patch at throat)
but the breast seems all wrong.
The breast looks something from a Song or Lincoln's.    I hit a wall
years ago in my birding.  Got all the "easy" stuff and stalled.
I never seem to sort out the sparrows, sandpipers, plovers etc.
Mary, Fairborn, Greene County, OH