OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2008

From:
Al La Sala <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Al La Sala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2008 08:34:24 -0400
I guess I get the booby prize.  From my window I saw three Canada Geese and
a red-tail hawk flying over.  A male American robin came to the tree where
my feeder is but he was checking to see if there were any berries left on
it.  I grabbed a handful of craisins from the kitchen cabinet to bring out
to him but he was already gone and never came back.  They're buried by snow
now.  Three American goldfinches came to use the feeder but a neighbor got
too close and scared them away.  I was disappointed that the regular
male/female pair of house finches didn't show up but the sun's out today..

Al La Sala

Columbus, OH