OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2008

From:
"Simpson, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simpson, Bruce
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2008 13:47:27 -0400
Blendon Woods is located in the northeast corner of Columbus off of I270
& Rte 161. Take the Little Turtle Way exit. Below is a few of the birds
seen today outside the Bird Viewing Window at the Nature Center & a list
of some of the birds seen at Thoreau Lake the last few days. Most of the
waterfowl are few in number but good looks can be seen.

    Nature Center Bired Viewing Window,
     Rusty Blackbird-4 males & a female
     Fox Sparrow-3
     Brown-headed Cowbird-3 males, female
     Cooper's Hawk
     American Tree Sparrows-15+
     Red-winged Blackbirds-30+(mostly males,but a few females)

 Thoreau Lake
    American Black Ducks-hundreds
    Ring-necked Duck-20+
    Redheads-5+
    Lesser Scaup-5+
    Greater Scaup-2 males
    American Widgeon-6+
    Wood Duck-6+
    Green-winged Teal-2
    Mute Swan-1
    American Coot-2
    Great Blue Heron
    Red-tailed Hawks-2 adults
    Red-breasted Nuthatch-male
    White-throated Sparrow-10+

 Lake Trail
   Pileated Woodpeaker-2
   Hairy Woodpecker-male & female

       Blendon Woods
            Hotline 614-895-6222
            Nature Center 614-895-6221

                   Bruce Simpson-Naturalist at Blendon Woods Metro Park