OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2008

From:
Judy Imhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judy Imhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2008 15:40:31 -0400
Hi, Ohio Birders!

Our “Blizzard” count from 3-8-08.

The four of us sequestered here at our Anderson Twp. home, southeast of Cincinnati, came to a 24 hour count of 31 in the 'Snowy Day' frenzy at the feeders.

We put out extra 'gourmet' suet cakes, extra BOSS, and peanuts at our birdy buffets in the front and back yards (one acre property next to Woodland Mound Park forest).  Lots of fun!

Cardinals (about 30 or more at 7:30 a.m.)
Titmice
White-breasted Nuthatch
European Starling
Red-winged blackbirds
Rusty Blackbirds
Brown-headed cowbirds
Northern Flickers
Red bellied woodpeckers
Hairy woodpeckers
Downy woodpeckers
Pileated Woodpecker (only one--a rare visitor here this winter)
American Robin
Carolina Chickadee
Tree Sparrow
White Throated sparrow
Song sparrow
Fox Sparrows
House sparrow
Ruby crowned kinglet (at the suet on the deck)
House finch
Goldfinch
Carolina wren (2 pairs)
Blue jays
Common Grackles
Eastern Towhees
Dark-eyed Juncos
Morning Dove
Crow
Brown Creeper (been around all winter up and down the trees)
2 Hawks (no specific IDs)

No Bluebirds
No Wildturkeys
No Geese
No owls

p.s.  I love that photo of the 70 Cardinals posted earlier!  Where did they all come from?!