OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2008

From:
andrea-lena <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
andrea-lena <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2008 16:43:01 +0000
Greetings birders!

Wow!  I finally got to see some redpolls this season, and I got to see a lot
of them!  I visited the Carlisle Reservation (Lorain County Metro Parks)
feeders on Saturday afternoon and counted at least 14 Common Redpolls at one
time.  A few flew in only moments after we sat down in the observation room,
and then over the next half hour, more and more flew into the trees and ate
from the thistle feeders.  I hope they stick around for a little while
longer so those of you who haven't seen them yet can get up there and see
them!

They were a lot of fun to watch, and it was exciting to get a new life bird!
And even my non-birding boyfriend that was watching them with me was pretty
excited and engaged!

Best of luck.

Andrea Haslage
Columbus