THEDRUM Archives

April 2008

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Camara, Babacar Dr." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Camara, Babacar Dr.
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 14:17:41 -0400
From the Tom Joyner Morning Show blog:

4/14/2008 9:52:51 AM

I have not heard the segment where Tom disses Jay, but if it's true, and if
Tavis really is
 <javascript:%20doExpandMessage423934()>
I have not heard the segment where Tom disses Jay, but if it's true, and if
Tavis really is leaving, good and bad on 2 fronts.

#1: Tom, I realize this is your show, you have the right to run it your way,
but let's cut right to the chase: Tavis Smiley is nothing more than a
self-righteous, sanctimonious, neocon talking head and personally, I'm
surprised that you, as long as you've been in the biz, let him stay around
as long as he has. Tavis' problem is, if Tavis doesn't get HIS way, then
it's no way at all. His treatment of Barack Obama at that joke symposium
'State of the Black Disunion' was proof of that. He tried to muscle and
embarrass Obama, but you notice he said next to nothing about John McCain
telling him TWICE where to go and how fast he can get there (once at Tavis'
Baltimore function for the Repubs AND the Black Union seminar).

Tavis is nothing more than a blowhard who enjoys hearing himself speak, but
never comes with any answers to the community he claims to love. And Tom,
you are somewhat complicit in this problem, in that you give voice to all
these phonies (Tavis, Jesse, Al) who collectively use our own fears against
us to fund and finance their own personal gains. Civil rights used to be
about the collective uplift of us as a community. With the likes of these
frauds, civil rights has become 'big business' and the ones who suffer are
the masses of us.

Every year at that joke symposium Tavis has, he has the same usual suspects
(Jesse/Al/Cornel West and that hyperintelligent psychobabbling doubletalker
Michael Eric Dyson), talking about the same crap they were talking about the
year before, which was the same crap from the year before that. These fools
need to stay off TV and Radio until they come up with solutions instead of
new ways to restate the same old problems.

Goodbye Tavis, hopefully you can get Jesse/Al/Michael Eric Dyson to follow
you into anonymity. Anybody that doesn't like that, in the words of Jack
Nicholson, 'can't handle the truth'. I look forward to any and all

Dr. Babacar Camara
Associate Professor
Comparative Literature, Black World Studies, French
BWS Chief Program Advisor
MIAMI UNIVERSITY

217 Johnston Hall
Middletown, OH 45042