From:
Steve Cagan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Cagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:48:10 -0400
This afternoon Beth and I went over to Shaker Lakes; Laura¹s report had been
so good it was hard to resist. We got there a little after 5 PM and stayed
for about an hour and a half, walking the boardwalk and around Lower Lake.

It was awfully quiet when we got there‹not even Red-winged Blackbirds or
Song Sparrows. Things picked up a little around Lower Lake. The normal
warbler-rich area south of the lake was pretty dead, except for a group of
Ruby-crowned Kinglets, maybe 8 or 10.

Here¹s what we had:

Belted Kingfisher
Great Blue Heron
American Robin
Northern Cardinal
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (maybe 20 in all)
Yellow-rumped Warbler (about a dozen)
Palm Warbler (similar number, mostly ³western,² but a couple of ³eastern² as
well)
Nashville Warbler (Yay!‹one, in the little grove west of the Coventry
parking area)
Mallard
Wood Duck
Canada Goose