From:
Ben Winger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Winger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:47:41 -0400
Greetings,

Matthew Medler of the Boreal Songbird Initiative requested that I pass along
this message to OH-Birds.  Please consider this important cause.

Dear OHBirders,

Spring migration is upon us!  Early spring migrants, including waterfowl,
sparrows, Rusty Blackbirds, Fox Sparrows, and others, are now passing
through the state.  Flocks of Yellow-rumped Warblers and Ruby-crowned
Kinglets are now in our midst, and by early May, the excitement of peak
songbird migration will be upon us!

Before the birding gets too busy, though, I'd like to encourage you to
support a petition to protect the primary breeding grounds for the above
species and many others--Canada's Boreal Forest.  Several Canadian
conservation organizations are spearheading the Save Our Boreal Birds
campaign, which is calling on the Canadian government to protect more of the
Boreal Forest, North America's Bird Nursery.

The Save Our Boreal Birds web site is:
http://www.saveourborealbirds.org/ This site contains information on
the importance of the Boreal Forest
region to waterfowl, shorebirds, and songbirds; details threats to Canada's
Boreal Forest; lists everyday actions to help protect the Boreal; and
contains the on-line petition letter to be sent to Canada's prime minister.
 I encourage you to join the thousands of people who have already signed the
petition, and pass along the link to a friend!