Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:02:47 EDT
We started the day early and ended it late at Beasley Fork/Waggoner Riffle
Rds. listening for Whip-poor-wills. None were heard. Highlights of the trip
were:
Adams Co.:
Prairie Warbler  3
Wood Thrush 1
Pine Warbler M&F
Louisiana Waterthrush  6 (2 pairs)
Ovenbird 2 singing
Common Yellowthroat singing
Purple Finch male singing
Black Vulture 33+ roosting
Scioto Co.:
Ovenbird 1
Louisiana Waterthrush 1
Wood Thrush 2
Eastern Kingbirds 3
Northern Shovelers pair
Greater Yellowlegs 1
Sharp-shinned Hawk 2
Coopers Hawk 2
Yellow-throated Warbler 5, one was observed in a flock of Chipping Sparrows
picking in a plowed field. Each time a vehicle went by it flew with them and
returned to the field. It would fly with them landing in the taller grasses
along the road and back to the field.
Barred Owl 2
Lori Brumbaugh
Lou Gardella