From:
Pam Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:29:14 -0700
Despite the nonstop drizzle Sun. I spent a great 2+
hours mostly car birding at the Thurber Pond feeders
and on the road leading to the bridge.  On the feeder
with the big hunk of suet and the seedcake someone
kindly left, I saw possibly the best threesome of my
birding career:  a pine warbler, a red-breasted
nuthatch and a field sparrow companionably munching
away together!  In addition to the birds noted in
another birder's previous posting, I saw a male wood
duck at the pond, yellow-bellied sapsuckers at both
the pond and the bridge, and hermit thrushes, a phoebe
and fox sparrows at the bridge.  No sign of owlets or
their parents.  Having moved to the north end of
Columbus I'm still trying to learn Sharon Woods and
Blendon Woods Parks, but for easy "up close and
personal" birding the cemetery is incomparable.  I
even saw the individual feathers in the female
kingfisher's crest!  Good birding to all.  Pam Unger

I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing. --Rabbi Hillel