From:
Phil Ware <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Ware <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:00:40 -0700
Howdy,

I had a nice walk at SVNP, this afternoon, and among
other things got to witness the deadly precision of an
Osprey fishing expedition -- I will work on getting
photos up soon.  I was happy to see the Parula and
Prothonotary hopping around the branches near the tree
where the Osprey feasted.  The big question for me,
however, is what the OTHER bird I saw was.  I have
photos over on the Ohio Birds site
(http://www.ohiobirds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=671).
 Any thoughts are welcome.

It was a gorgeous afternoon and it was good to see
something *other* than coots. :)

Canada Goose     4
Mute Swan     2
Wood Duck     4
Blue-winged Teal     8
Bufflehead     3
Turkey Vulture     5
Osprey     1
Sora (heard, not seen)    1
American Coot     37
Mourning Dove     2
Least Flycatcher     1
Eastern Phoebe     3
Blue Jay     2
American Crow     1
Tree Swallow     14
Northern Rough-winged Swallow     2
Carolina Chickadee     3
White-breasted Nuthatch     2
Eastern Bluebird     2
American Robin     3
Gray Catbird     1
Northern Mockingbird     1
European Starling     4
Northern Parula     2
Yellow-rumped Warbler     1
Prothonotary Warbler     3
American Tree Sparrow     1
Chipping Sparrow     2
Field Sparrow     3
Song Sparrow     2
Northern Cardinal     14
Red-winged Blackbird     33
Common Grackle     11
Brown-headed Cowbird     2
American Goldfinch     4

Oh, there was a Red-breasted Merganser at Ceasar
Creek's Youth Pond (well, the boat dock).  Other than
that, it was all Phoebes and Field Sparrows...

Peace,

Phil

Philip M. Ware
http://pmwdesigns.fototime.com/